In every great bottle of wine, there is a story. Our story is filled with uniqueness of place, a year of sun and rain, and the art and craft of winemaking. The story is about our people, our guests, and our passion. This is a love story, and the best love stories never end.
WARNING: Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/BPA.
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.
2017 Le Mistral Grenache
18 months New French Oak
Stainless Steel for 16 days
Our new vintage of Grenache is one for Cab lovers. This rich, full bodied wine opens with notes of blackberry, ripe plum, and minerality. A textured palate reveals spicy notes of black pepper, black tea, and tobacco. We’ve been loving this paired with lamb dishes and summer BBQ.
Grapes were hand harvested 10/18/16 from Ventana Vineyard in Arroyo Seco. The fruit arrived at the winery, and 80% was sorted and de-stemmed and the other 20% was lightly sorted, leaving 20% whole clusters in the fermenter. The grapes were chilled to 55F for 48 hours before being fermented with RP15 yeast. The fermentation lasted 16 days before being lightly pressed and removing the solids. From there, the wine went into 18% new French Oak barrels where it aged for 10 months and bottled on 8/1/17.
Best to Drink: Now through 2026